Tuesday, November 16, 2010

28 Weeks



In my next "bump photo" I'm really going to try to smile without looking like someone is just out of the picture jabbing me with a sharp object. I do find the baby bump pictures to be painful, I don't enjoy the fact that there will be photographic evidence that I was the size of a house.

I can't believe we're already 28 weeks in! I've been feeling Kai moving since about 23 weeks but it's just been in the last week or so that Ben can really feel the kicks instead of the light fluttering that he thought he felt a few weeks ago. There's no mistaking it now. We had our first experience with hiccups about a week ago when I was jolted awake at 4 AM by kicks, punches and convulsions which seem to be coming from every part of my stomach. It lasted only 5 minutes or so but it definitely gave me the giggles.

Not much else to report. Our monthly visits with the midwives have been going well and we're really starting to bond with our team which is exciting. We start going to appointments every 2 weeks now which I guess means we're getting close.

Birthing classes start in December and Ben and I are both looking forward to them. As my thoughts begin to shift towards what's coming instead of what's happening right now I find myself more and more anxious. I'm hoping the birthing classes will answer some of our questions and ease fears a little bit.

I've been a blog slacker of late but I had a month of feeling relatively normal and there's so much to do that blogging kind of slipped way down the list.

I do have a bunch of half finished posts in my drafts folder which I'll be getting to this week so look for lots of updates coming in the next few days.

1 comment: