Thursday, November 18, 2010

Meet Our Midwives




Our wonderful Alma Midwifery team, these are the ladies that will deliver Makai. Melissa (our midwife, next to me) and her assistants/apprentices Katherine and Melanya. And me (looking like I'm being stabbed with a hot poker of course).

These lovely ladies are expertly guiding us through the pregnancy process. We can't say enough kind words about them. They are smart, sweet and funny. Melissa has the most peaceful, calming energy of anyone I've ever met, I'm so happy she'll be overseeing Kai's birth (if all goes as planned).

We're planning a natural birth at the Alma Midwifery Birthing Center. We considered home birth but honestly I like to be pampered and the birthing center feels a little bit like a spa. Massages and menus from local restaurants to order from, that's what I'm talking about...

That's not to say that I don't occasionally panic about the "natural" part. I do. Especially lately but I try to remind myself that women used to do this in caves. By themselves. I think. I don't actually have any scientific evidence to back that up but it must have happend. Right? I guess the point is, I can do this. Women do it all the time and it is "natural".

So, if all goes accoring to plan, it's a natural childbirth for us. We are of course staying open to the fact that things can go wrong and we may have to transfer to hospital care but we're staying positive for now.

Either way, it's gonna be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment