Friday, January 7, 2011

I need fruit crates.



Sorry no posts for awhile (I'm sure you've all been anxiously awaiting one) and here I am asking for something. I've been sick in bed since Monday with a terrible cold. I'm finally on the mend (barely) just in time for the Tiniest Thompson Showstravaganza tomorrow (check Mr. Ben's facebook page for details, all are welcome). Anyway, I digress...fruit crates.

Ben and I had been struggling with book storage options for Kai's room. We have a million kids books and considered buying a bookshelf from Ikea but would prefer not to buy a new piece of furniture but used something recycled instead. So a few weeks ago I had the brilliant idea to use old crates. Paint them, hang them as a group on the wall and use them as bookshelves and shelving for miscellaneous items. The problem is, we don't have any fruit crates.

Then today as I was surfing ohdeedoh from my bed, I inevitably fell down the blog rabbit hole and came across the picture above. So cute! Turns out I'm as brilliant as I thought I was.

Now I just need fruit crates so if you happen to have any lying around that you've been thinking about parting with, let me know. I'd love to take them off your hands! Or, if you know where I can score some, I'd be greatly appreciative.

On another note, when I say we "have a million kids books" I might be slightly exaggerating but not much. The Mr. Ben parents were very generous at Christmas. We received so many books, which we couldn't be more excited about. If there's one thing Ben is passionate about it's music. For me, it's books. I love them! We read to Kai every night and it's been nice to have a variety of stories as opposed to the few Dr. Seuss books we had. We love the notes that came along with all the books explaining why each one was chosen and why they are loved. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. I think I saw some fruit crates at my grandpas house. I am not sure what shape they are in. I think there might be two. Next time I am up there I will take a look and let you know. Also you might be able to get some from a winery or fruit farm?? Do they have that sort of thing around? Great idea though...

    jeanbean

    ReplyDelete