Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Is it a boy? Or a girl?

Our gender ultrasound is scheduled for this Friday at 11:45 AM. We cannot wait to finally have a gender for "the bean". The last time we saw the baby, at 7 weeks, it really looked just like a bean. I imagine it actually looks like a baby now.
Ben and I decided that we don't want the doctor to tell us the gender at the ultrasound. Getting the news in the office seemed a little anticlimactic. So, stealing this idea from some friends, the plan is to have the doctor write it down and seal it up for us. We're going to go out on a date Friday night and open it there.
Keep your fingers (and toes) crossed that the baby will be cooperating. If all goes as planned we'll make the announcement on Friday evening. Right now, I'm feeling like it's probably a boy.
Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. That is so true. Finding out in the office would be anticlimactic. The weird thing is we told the ultrasound tech not to tell us too. (Maybe we gave you the idea?) I tried to find out anyway. The tech said "look away if you don't want to know the sex" and I couldn't. I was sort of mesmerized by the magic picture show coming out of Kate's stomach. I kept looking. And I thought I saw a penis. We have a baby girl. Fully formed girl. I think you should look too. See if you get it right. It's like the second part of the game. Have fun! Can't wait to hear. Kate thinks a boy too. I don't know, I'll say girl just to be a contrarian.
    -Kaleb

    ReplyDelete